Monday, September 17, 2007

GLBTQ Teen Lit Stuff

For those interested in GLBTQ teen lit, there are two terrific new blogs reviewing older and new titles, and both with great names: I'm Here, I'm Queer, What the Hell do I Read? and Worth the Trip (a referece to I'll Get There. It Better Be Worth the Trip, the world's first gay teen novel, which came out in 1969).

Also, in other GLBTQ teen lit news, Kimberly Pauley is in the midst of LGBT Teen Lit Month over at YA Books Central. But when she posted the news on a teachers' forum, she got a very depressing reaction. Read about her experiences here.

2 Comments:

Blogger lili said...

We've got a list of Australian GLBTQYA over at insideadog.com.au

http://www.insideadog.com.au/books/booklists/ozglbtya.html

5:33 PM  
Blogger Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

Hi Brent,
Thanks for the shout-out for "I'm Here. I'm Queer. What the Hell do I Read?" It's so great to see the network of information and community grow. Someday, we'll get these books with GLBTQ characters and themes into the hands of every teenager who needs them... Teens like I was. I know it would have changed my life for the better to have read a single book with a healthy, well-adjusted gay character where it was just part of their lives - not to mention a coming out story with a happy ending! It's great to see how many of us are out here writing and blogging and working to make that someday... today!
Namaste,
Lee

leewind.org
I'm Here. I'm Queer. What the Hell do I Read?

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home